Another Christmas past

Time continues to march onward.  Weeds and growth wait for no one, but if the recent winds keep up, everything will be dried to a crisp!!!  It is now dry for the time of year and the forecast rains have so far not fallen.  The roses have taken a battering but yesterday there were buds suitable for a Christmas arrangement for my special friend Kay.  I know progress has been made when I have enough flowers to make an arrangement - though both the rose and the conifer pre date my arrival to Holt Cottage.  The roses are beginning to flower earlier in the summer - though that may be due in part to the time they were pruned.


My special friend Rocket had a big number birthday on Christmas eve - now 11 years old.  She is great company and loves the garden too.  Like me she isn't that keen on having her photo taken.



Comments

Popular Posts