The upside of plenty of spring rain

The upside to plenty of spring rain is that the roses are flowering well. Manure makes a big difference too!! I didn't manage to get them sprayed this spring, and just hoping they will be ok by trying to pick off black spot leaves. The scent from the roses and honey suckle is just glorious at present. One of my new roses Big Purple has flowered - I am very impressed. As the buds showed their colour, I thought oh no, it's a red rose that will age to purple. I was proved wrong and it's that lovely colour similar to Blackberry Nip. The stems are lovely and long and the two blooms so far have thornless stems and it smells divine too - so very very happy with my selection especially as I 'bought' it on loyalty points!!

                                                       Rosa Big Purple

Comments

Popular Posts