Looking for momentum

I've lost some momentum as far as writing the blog goes - calf rearing has taken a lot of hours and energy this year and is now winding down.  I've been weeding the garden when I can and enjoying the glory of the spring garden.  I have tried to take photos even though I haven't got to write the blog.

The spring was very wet with fewer frosts.  The downside of this appears to be a extremely poor plum set.  There was flooding in the hen paddock for what felt like weeks and all the grass has died there - all the trees have thankfully survived.  It was so wet there had to be a pallet island constructed next to the hen house to give the hens a dry place for breakfast!!  Prior to the flooding I managed to shift, with the help of the Tidy gardener, Rhodendron Mrs JP Lade a couple of metres up the bank (further under the spread of the cherry tree ).  She is flowering at present so I think happy with the move - she would have definitely drowned had I not moved her.  On the upside there is a great set of both pears and apples and the garden is starting to look very established and colourful in places.  A number of the new rhododendrons have flowered for the first time.

Rhododendron Golden Gate - planted next to the path gate that divides the front garden from the back.


Comments

Popular Posts