It's a wet beginning to Spring

 It has been a wet start to Spring.  There are crocuses flowering as well as snowdrops.  I shifted some of the double snowdrops last year under the Magnolia stellata - I must try to spread out the clumps this year.  I bought some spring bulbs in pots from a roadside stall in  Nelson when I was with Mum in the autumn - one pot was labelled English snowdrops - they were in flower very early and seem very tall, so with the hope that they are different to what I already have they have been planted under the holly tree.  I have some other miniature treasures from the same source that I can't wait to see flower.  They're grouped together in a pot and hopefully by the time they flower I'll be able to decide where their permanent home will be.


                            Floral art for July was a design to showcase the beauty of bark

Comments

Popular Posts