Hardy geraniums

I was given a couple of hardy geraniums by friends in Scotland, to take back to my first garden with flowers in North Wales more than 20 years ago and I've been in love with them ever since.  Gradually, I am amassing any hardy geraniums I can find to grow in Holt Cottage garden.


Geranium pyrenaicum Bill Wallis has tiny but bright flowers and is beginning to self seed.  I have established it either side of the gate between the pear orchard and the walnut tree garden.
Geranium oxonianum Katherine Adele is a groundcover near G. Bill Wallis and under the sweetheart rose Bloomfield Abundance.


Geranium oxonianum Pearl Boland
is a mass of beautiful flowers along side the fence close to Ceris Forest Pansy


Geranium himalayense hybrid Rozanne has flowers from spring until autumn, growing near Rhododendron Cory Koster


Geranium wallichianum Buxton's Variety has trailing flowers - it disappears in winter - planted in the Cherry tree garden near to Pseudowintera Lime light

Comments

Popular Posts