Winter treasures

I've had a technical problem moving photos to my computer so time has marched on and I haven't written about the garden.  

The first of the snowdrops started flowering a week ago, as did the first of the yellow crocuses.  I don't have masses of either but the snowdrops have multiplied significantly since I first moved them to their current position under the Kilmarnock Willow.  I have a different snowdrop variety under the ash tree, which have come from my friend Annemarie's well established garden.  This year, if I have time and the weather co-operates I intend to spread the snowdrops out a little more and maybe move some to another location.


I have got most of the rose pruning done - just the climber Blackberry Nip to sort out and The apples and pears are pruned too and it won't be long before there will be buds bursting.  I have taken rose cuttings over quite an extended range of time this year - from early May until late July, so it will be interesting to see if they are successful.

Comments

Popular Posts